Registration for 2021 Conference is now OPEN
2021 Texoma Regional Conference will be hosted in-person by Texas Tech University, November 3-6, 2021
All proposal abstracts should include a statement describing why the presentation will be of interest to Texoma NATS members and students. We are working to ensure that all presentation can be livestreamed, and we plan to make each presentation available online for conference attendees for the duration of the school year, at a minimum. Additionally, for each of the following presentation formats, successful proposals typically include the following as supporting materials:
- Lecture: a well-organized outline of the lecture; demonstration of the presenter’s expertise on the lecture’s topic (without revealing the applicant's identity)
- Lecture Recital: a well-organized outline of the lecture; a full program listing; recent recordings of 5-10 minutes of presenter(s) singing selections from the proposed program
- Recital: a full program listing; recent recordings of 10-15 minutes of presenter(s) singing selections from the proposed program
- Mini-session: Any of the above types of sessions, but the final presentation would be deliverable in 12-15 minutes
Poster Presentations: For presentations that are not selected for the Artist Series, or for those attending the conference remotely, an option to present your topic as a poster presentation may be provided. Please indicate in your application materials if you are willing to also have your proposal considered as a poster presentation. Poster presentations will be prerecorded videos, limited to 10 minutes each, and the presenter will need to build a PowerPoint presentation with audio and/or video narration.
The first file uploaded should be the outline (for a lecture, lecture recital, or mini-session), or the program listing (for a recital), and that will leave the remaining four upload spaces for audio recordings or other materials. Further guidance related to supporting materials can be found on the Artist Series Registration Form.
A committee will perform a blind review of submissions and choose presentations that provide a varied program. Any personal information on the supporting materials must be removed before distribution to the selection committee, so you can assist the process by removing as much personal information as possible prior to submission.
Here are our important presentation reminders:
- Presentations may not exceed 50 minutes. We simply cannot allow them to go over time, as we have a very tight schedule.
- ALL participants (pianists, singers, instrumentalists) must comply with the NATS Copyright Policy.
- Presenters may not request specific times in the conference schedule; all presentation times will be assigned.
- Members will not be selected to perform in consecutive years and may not be considered for more than one proposal in the same year.
Application deadline: July 2, 2021 - 6:00pm (CDT).
Notification regarding selection for the 2021 Artist Series will occur by August 1, allowing sufficient time for selectees to make the necessary arrangements for their presentation/performance to be a part of the Fall conference. Artist Series presenters do not receive compensation for their presentations. All Artist Series participant names should be included on the application, and all NATS members in each proposal should register for the conference in order to participate on the Artist Series. Beyond registration, we encourage NATS members to be active participants in the conference.
As a reminder, the 2021 Texoma Regional Conference will be hosted in-person by Texas Tech University, November 3-6, 2021.