The Texoma Region of NATS has been hosting Summer Program Auditions (formerly Young Artist Program Auditions) since the Fall 2014 conference.
We will continue this tradition this year fully online in conjunction with our annual Texoma Regional Conference and Student Auditions. We are excited to offer this opportunity again to students in our region. Organizations will have two weeks to view student audition videos.
Students and members wishing to audition must use the following link to register: https://www.auditionware.com/texoma/spa.php
You are highly encouraged to promote this wonderful opportunity to students who could benefit greatly from attending such a program. If you are affiliated with a summer music program, we invite you to participate in this opportunity to hear a wealth of potential program participants online. Programs with or without Texoma representation are equally invited to participate. These auditions give students the opportunity to sing for multiple summer music programs at the same time for one low fee of $10. It is a cost-effective opportunity for both the auditioning singers and the summer program panelists.
This year participating organizations include: Taos Opera Institute, Seagle Music Colony, Opera in Concert in Italy, American Institute of Musical Studies (AIMS), Brancaleoni International Music Festival, Opera Viva!, Orfeo Music Festival, Spotlight on Opera, Antique y Moderna NM, Building Your Craft: From Studio to Stage, Accademia Vocale Lorenzo Malfatti
Any student of a current Texoma NATS Member in good standing is eligible to audition for the "Summer Program Auditions" even if not registered to participate in the “Student Auditions” of the conference.
Please encourage your interested students to submit their applications early to facilitate scheduling so we can accommodate as many singers as possible this year.
If you and the program you are associated with would like to participate, PLEASE EMAIL Texoma Summer Program Auditions (SPA) Chair Michael Hix at Mhix@unm.edu by Oct 1, 2020.
• Audition Date: Videos will be available for organizations to view November 1-14, 2020.
• Location: ONLINE
• Audition Fee*: Programs will waive any regularly charged audition/registration fees for this event. However, programs reserve the right to charge an “application fee” to any singer to whom they issue an invitation. Students will pay a nominal registration fee of $10 to NATS.
• Audition Type: Virtual. Please submit youtube links in the same manner as your Texoma NATS student auditions.
• Repertoire: 2 operatic arias and 1 art song (3 different languages). NOTE: You may use the same videos submitted for the NATS student auditions.
• Application Process: In addition to submitting repertoire information, each student must upload a PDF document of their resume, and a JPEG of a professional quality headshot.
• Registration will open on September 1st and will close October 1st 2020. All audition videos will need to be uploaded into Auditionware by October 15.
For questions regarding online registration, please contact:
San-ky Kim, Texoma Web Master
For questions regarding payments, please contact:
Gregory Brookes, Treasurer/Registrar
For questions regarding Summer Program auditions, please contact:
Michael Hix, Summer Program Auditions Chair