Click HERE to go to the National NATS site to register for the Regional Conference and Student Auditions. You will have to log in with your National NATS login information.
Registration is now open and will close on October 10, 2018 at 6 pm.
To register students for the Student Auditions, you will need to be up to date on your NATS national dues. You will access the registration process through the NATS website at www.nats.org. Login at the NATS website, click on Member Home, and then scroll down until you seen the green box “NATS Audition Registration”—and this will take you to the registration program.
Detailed instructions for accessing the registration program, navigating the program and trouble shooting this process can be found at: https://www.nats.org/_Library/NSA_Files/Accessing_the_NATS_Auditions_Registration_System_-_PDF_instructions.pdf
Before you begin to register students, you will need the following information for each student. Please be accurate with the information as it is used in the submission process as students advance towards the National rounds. You are able to save and leave the audition program if you find you need to complete it at a later time.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Birth Date
- Audition Category
- Pianist Name
At the Texoma NATS website, you will find information regarding categories, repertoire requirements, eligibility, time limits and more under the Student Auditions tab, under the Auditions button, www.texomanats.org.
A few reminders and some helpful hints regarding areas that people frequently encounter trouble with registration:
- Ensure that your students have an art song in English. This is a requirement of all categories at the classical NSA auditions—and it must be an art song, not an aria or musical theater selection.
- Please ensure that you have the correct number of languages represented for your students’ categories (i.e. categories 11-14 must have at least 3 languages represented).
- Please be sure that you have your correct school listed under your judge’s profile and that this school exactly matches the spelling and capitalization of the school your student attends. It is highly likely that your college or university is already available in the drop down menu, if your school has submitted students before. Please check here first, before entering it yourself. If you are an independent teacher, please list your school/studio as “Your Last Name Voice Studio” – i.e. “Brou Voice Studio”
Some extra resources that you may find useful:
- Please review the NATS photocopy policy and be reminded that iPads are not permitted for pianists to play from. https://www.nats.org/_Library/docs/copyright_policy_revision1-2012.pdf
- The National Auditions Regulations provides an excellent guide to the competition as well as walks the reader through the process for students if they move beyond the regional auditions. https://www.nats.org/_Library/NSA_Files/NATS_Regulations_3_0_2017_Jul_21.pdf
- An additional excellent resource is the Frequently Asked Questions page on the National Student Auditions section of the NATS website: https://www.nats.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions_-_NSA.html
Finally, Edward Baird Singer of the Year and Summer Program Auditions will be registered through www.texomanats.org through the link for each specific program under the Auditions tab.
If you should need further assistance in regards to the upcoming conference or auditions, the following points of contact will come in useful:
For questions regarding Hall Johnson Spirituals Competition
Michael Hix (firstname.lastname@example.org) -- Rio Grande District Governor
For questions regarding Summer Program Auditions
Louima Lilite (email@example.com) -- Oklahoma District Governor
For questions regarding the Conference Artist Series
Jeff Snider (firstname.lastname@example.org) -- North Texas District Governor
For questions regarding EBSOTY
Randy Umstead (Randy_Umstead@baylor.edu) -- Texoma Region Governor
For questions regarding the Texoma website
San-ky Kim (email@example.com) -- Webmaster
For questions regarding Registration
Greg Brookes (firstname.lastname@example.org) -- Treasurer/Registrar
For questions regarding Repertoire/Student Auditions
Melinda Brou (Melinda.Brou@tamuk.edu) -- Student Auditions Chair
For questions regarding our conference venue
Deborah Williamson (Deborah_Williamson@baylor.edu) – Site coordinator
I look forward to working with each of you in the coming months and to seeing you in November.
Texoma NATS Auditions Chair