1. Any student may participate in the auditions whose current teacher of record is a NATS member in good standing in the Texoma Region, who falls within one of the classifications, and who meets the following requirement:
• NATS CODE OF ETHICS: IT IS UNETHICAL TO CLAIM AS A PUPIL ONE HAVING STUDIED LESS THAN EIGHT (8) MONTHS WITH THE TEACHER EXCEPT WHERE THERE HAS BEEN NO PREVIOUS TRAINING
• A teacher may enter a student who has not studied with him/her for the prescribed time, provided he/she lists the name of the former teacher on the official entry blank.
• It is unethical to enter a student of another teacher in the Student Auditions. Any students discovered to be so entered will be disqualified immediately.
2. In order to participate in the Fall Conference without penalty, a teacher must pay national dues by July 1 of that year. After July 1 a teacher must: (1) pay national dues, and (2) pay a delinquent fee of $15 to Texoma NATS at the time of conference registration.
3. Applications must be entered online by 6 pm Friday October 10
4. NUMBER OF STUDENT ENTRANTS: Each teacher may enter a maximum of six (6) students in the College and Advanced divisions and a maximum of six (6) students in the Adult division. However, a teacher may enter one extra student for each college and/or Edward Baird Singer of the Year finalist he/she had in the previous year's student auditions. There is no restriction on the number of students a teacher may enter in the Youth divisions, however, only ten (10) singers per pianist!
5. FEES: This year the student entry fee is $20.
6. ATTENDANCE: The Student Auditions are offered only to students of those members who attend the conference. Remember that if you enter students in the auditions, you MUST attend the entire conference, attend the Thursday judges meeting and be available for judging assignments.
If you fail to attend the Thursday morning judges meeting and avail yourself to judge for the entire conference, your students will be disqualified with the following exceptions:
• The member is unable to attend due to a life-threatening or degenerative illness.
• The member is receiving extensive short-term medical treatment due to a medical emergency.
• The member is not authorized to travel by his or her physician or midwife.
Members receiving a medical exemption from attending the conference are still responsible for all conference fees.
7. STUDENT NUMBERS: Each student will be assigned a number on the official schedule for the Auditions. This number will identify the student throughout the Auditions.
8. REPERTOIRE SHEETS: Each student is responsible for bringing three (3) sheets of judging sheets printed out from the online registration website. These sheets will include the titles of items to be sung and the names of the composers. Each sheet will also include the student's name and division number. These sheets will not include the singer's school nor teacher’s name. These sheets should be presented to the judging panel at the time of the audition.